DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: Two Classes Away

Good Morning and Happy Thursday!

My parents love to tell me how different college was back in their day. The biggest difference (other than the cost, size and general demographics) seems to be registration.

Instead of the internet system we have now, my mother would walk to a window where a man behind glass would tell her what she should take. She always took a full schedule and ended up with a history degree.

Her greatest frustration is that she was apparently two classes away from an English double major. Two! The window guy never said anything. Rude. I guess the Tar Heel Tracker isn't so bad after all. 

UNC's English department would never let that slide as their new initiative encourages English as a second major and adds seven new concentrations.

The parade festivities were led by the Bulltown Strutters, a brass parade band from Durham.

The Rundown

• The prison reform program, Stepping Up, is sweeping across North Carolina. The program seeks to help inmates with mental illnesses and shorten jail times.
  • Club Nova is not the hottest new bar in Carrboro. It is a place dedicated to helping people with serious mental illnesses get on their feet and get hired. 
  • The Campaign for Carolina is still on and they have got new co-chair people. Meet the three newbies tasked with taking the campaign through its final stages. 

The Wayback Machine

This TMZ-style section of the May 7, 1953 DTH is a rollercoaster from start to finish. Who thinks we should bring this section back?

Plan Your Weekend

Fourth of July spoiled us by making it feel like an early weekend. Lucky for us, the weekend is not too far away. Check out our plan your weekend guide for even more celebrations and night out ideas to keep the party going.

"Do you ever feel like plastic bag?"

Katy Perry