DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: The Pizza Pressure

Good Morning and Happy Monday!

This weekend, I had the privilege of entertaining my aunt and uncle in the beautiful town of Chapel Hill. They hadn't been very many times and wanted to take a stroll down Franklin Street.

It was there that they asked me the same question most UNC students ask themselves when meandering: Why are there so many pizza places?

It started with Benny's. Then they were hit with the one-two punch of the not-open MidiCi and Lotsa. Followed by a swipe from I Heart N.Y. Pizza.

They thought it was over. They were wrong. The Pizza Press. Toppers and finally... the ever-present Mellow Mushroom that exists in every town. They were bewildered as to how one street could hold so many. damn. pizza. places.

Us too aunt and uncle... us too. 

The Rundown

• While the Title IX decision came down for UNC last week, Caitlin McCabe was reporting on the issue as a DTH staffer when it all began five years ago.

Meme Monday

When first-years go through registration...

Things to Do

• July 9- Views From the Durham- Come over for cocktails with a side of cosmic exploration. Morehead Planetarium can help you see the likes of Venus, Saturn and Mars (The Durham Hotel)
  • July 9- Free Monday Meditation- Life can get overwhelming. Whether it is bussing children to summer camp or grinding through your summer class. Take a moment to relax and set your weekly intentions. (Caffe Driade) 

"Krusty Krab Pizza is the pizza for you and me."

Spongebob Squarepants