DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: Sarah says relax

It’s been a long week. I feel like every single time I’ve seen one my friends, they’ve looked like they’ve just been through the entirety of Britney Spears’ 2007 in just this week alone. 

Usually, I feel like I’m frantically trying to get time to slow down — my summer internships flew by, I barely blinked during any of my past three winter breaks and I feel like I just joined the DTH yesterday. 

But this week? This week has lasted a lifetime. Today in media law, I swore I could feel myself aging, my clothes going out of style, my hair graying. 

The good news is that it is finally Friday, and better yet, it’s finally the Friday of a long weekend. So, take care of yourself this weekend — put on a face mask, binge watch something and neglect to answer any texts that could give way to any form of responsibility this weekend. That's self care. 

Happy weekend, Heels! 

Looking for what happened last night?

A simultaneous twilight service in honor of Confederate monument Silent Sam and a dance party in celebration of the statue's toppling took place at McCorkle Place last night. During the demonstration, police took a more hands-on approach, and ended up using pepper fogger to disperse the crowd. Three people were arrested, bringing the number of Silent-Sam-related arrests to 17 in the past two weeks. 

Looking to understand football?

That’s a mood. Me neither. Luckily, the DTH football preview is out today with some great stories that I’ll have to read twice before I understand what a running back actually does. 

Nathan Elliot is coming into this season as UNC's starting quarterback after only nine college games worth of experience, and three as a starter. Here are his top strengths and weaknesses going into the season. 

UNC's offensive line doesn't seem like the strongest link for the team at first glance, but their chemistry as a team just might give them the edge they need. 

Speaking of, UNC's secondary line is going into the season as a cohesive unit, too.  Which, according to head coach Larry Fedora, will help them have the fresh start they need after a 3-9 season last year. 

Looking for a way to unwind?

Cat Tale Cat Cafe is coming to Franklin Street this fall, just in time for you to cry during finals. Assuming you're not one of those people who ... intensely hates cats for no reason ... you'll be able to hang out with the cats as they roam. Me-WOW, amirite? I'll go home. 

Namaste. UNC research professor Joanne Marshall hosts a mindful yoga class on Mondays from noon to 1 p.m. in the art galleries at Ackland Art Museum. Read more about the class here. 

Looking for a good read?

Anthony Ratliff-Williams grew into his role as wide receiver at UNC with lots of practice, and even more love and guidance from his father. Sports editor Chris Hilburn-Trenkle highlights their relationship, and how it shaped Ratliff-Williams into who he is, here. 

"Hold on, wait a minute!" 

Willow Smith