DTH Sports at a Glance

Good morning, DTH sports fans

Welcome back to DTH Sports at a Glance — your dose of sports news from the student journalists at The Daily Tar Heel. Every Friday, we'll let you know what's coming up and what you might have missed during the week. And on Monday, we'll catch you up on all of the games and news from over the weekend.

To sign up for our breaking news alerts or general daily newsletter, visit bit.ly/dthsubscribe. Share it with all of your friends who want to keep up with UNC athletics.

Enjoying DTH Sports At a Glance? Send us your feedback.

Tar Heels left missing the little things in loss to Virginia

Following the team's 79-74 loss to No. 3 Virginia, the North Carolina men's basketball team could blame nothing else but missed opportunities for the defeat. 

Read senior writer Brendan Marks' story here. 

Three walk-offs in three games 

One walk-off is remarkable enough. But in a series against No. 16 Oklahoma State, No. 14 UNC earned three walk-off wins in as many games by three different players. 

Read assistant sports editor Jeremy Vernon's story here. 

UNC loses rematch of 2015 National Championship

Despite tying the game three separate times in the second half of its match against No. 1 Maryland, the No. 2 North Carolina women's lacrosse team could not take the lead, falling 8-7 to the Terrapins in a rematch of 2015's NCAA title game. 

Read staff writer Kevin Mercer's story here. 

Men's lacrosse reclaims manhood in upset win

After a surprising upset loss to Hofstra a week ago, UNC men's lacrosse was out to prove something. They made a statement in a 15-11 win over No. 8 Johns Hopkins, scoring the first four and the last five goals of the game. 

Read staff writer Ethan Belshe's story here. 

Positivity pays off for women's tennis

After suffering two straight losses for the first time since 2012, the North Carolina women's tennis team focused on a chapter from a book senior Whitney Kay presented to the team. The lesson: stay positive, and UNC did just that in gritting out a 4-3 win over Miami and rolling over Florida State 5-2 this past weekend. 

Read staff writer David Adler's story here. 

Looking Ahead

• The North Carolina men's tennis team will play Campbell at 3 p.m. and North Carolina Central at 7 p.m. at the Cone-Kenfield Tennis Center. 
  • The junior varsity men's basketball team will play Greensboro Day School at 4 p.m. in the Smith Center. 
  • The men's basketball team will play Syracuse at 7 p.m. in the Smith Center. 
  • The women's basketball team will play in the first round of the ACC Tournament against Pittsburgh on Wednesday at 1 p.m. in Greensboro. 
  • The baseball team will play Winthrop at 3 p.m. on Wednesday in Boshamer Stadium.