DTH Sports at a Glance

Good morning, DTH sports fans

Welcome back to DTH Sports at a Glance — your dose of sports news from the student journalists at The Daily Tar Heel. Every Friday, we'll let you know what's coming up and what you might have missed during the week. And on Monday, we'll catch you up on all of the games and news from over the weekend.

To sign up for our breaking news alerts or general daily newsletter, visit bit.ly/dthsubscribe. Share it with all of your friends who want to keep up with UNC athletics.

Enjoying DTH Sports At a Glance? Send us your feedback.

Spring into the new season

The 2016-17 football season is upon us. The North Carolina football team took the field at Kenan Stadium for the first time this year on Saturday for its annual spring game. The intra-squad scrimmage gave fans and coaches some highlights, including the play of receiver Mack Hollins.

Read Assistant Sports Editor Jeremy Vernon's story here.

Down to the analytics

The third-annual SPEIA Basketball Analytics Summit took place Friday and Saturday at the Kenan-Flagler Business School. The conference featured some of the best minds in the game of basketball discussing the impact of analytics on the entire industry. 

Read Assistant Sports Editor Jackson Cowart's story here.

Back in form

In the last weekend of ACC regular-season play, the North Carolina men's tennis team regained it's form. With wins over Georgia Tech and Duke this weekend, the Tar Heels head into postseason play with momentum.

Read staff writer Christian Phillip's story here.

Straight sweep

The North Carolina volleyball team competed in the Carolina Spring Tournament against Duke, Virginia Tech and N.C. State this weekend. Taylor Leath shined, as UNC came out of the weekend with three big wins.

Read Senior Writer Ben Coley's story here.

Downtown to Chi-town?

North Carolina shortstop Kristen Brown played in a weekend series against Virginia after being selected in the 2016 National Pro Fastpitch draft. Brown was selected by the Chicago Bandits with the 24th pick.

Read staff writer Nicole Caporaso's story here. 

Staying optimistic

Things didn't go the way the North Carolina baseball team wanted them to in its weekend series loss to Virginia. Even with a pair of disappointing defeats, Coach Mike Fox found some positives in his team's play.

Read staff writer Will Bryant's story here.

Looking Ahead

• The North Carolina baseball team faces Coastal Carolina at 6 p.m. on Tuesday at Boshamer Stadium.
  • The North Carolina softball team plays James Madison in Harrisonburg, Va., on Wednesday. The time is TBA.
  • The North Carolina baseball team faces William & Mary at 6 p.m. on Wednesday at Boshamer Stadium.