From the Press Box

Noted and Quoted: GT 68 UNC 50

Noted:

North Carolina and Georgia Tech combined to score the most points, 118, in ACC history. The two teams combined for more than 1,000 yards of total offense, and almost 500 yards of kickoff return yards.

UNC allowed the second-most points in school history, only one point less than the 69 the Tar Heels allowed against Louisville in 2005.

UNC set a school scored for most points scored in a loss with 50. The previous record came in a triple overtime loss to Syracuse in 2003, when the Tar Heels scored 47 points.

UNC scored 50 points for the third time in a season for the first time since 1970. The Tar Heels scored a school-record 66 points against Idaho and 62 against Elon earlier this season.

UNC had its longest scoring drive of the season in the second quarter, when Romar Morris capped a 94-yard drive with a 30-yard touchdown run.

Three Tar Heel tailbacks scored touchdowns in the first half: Giovani Bernard, A.J. Blue and Morris.

Bernard became the first Tar Heel with 1,000 rushing yards in consecutive seasons since Natrone Means in 1991 and 1992.

Eric Ebron set a UNC single-season record for receptions by a tight end in the second quarter when he recorded his 37th catch of the season.

Quinshad Davis recorded his first game with 100 receiving yards, and caught an 11-yard touchdown in the third quarter.

Casey Barth set a single-season record by making his 44th consecutive PAT and holds the school record with 126 consecutive PATs made. Barth was injured on a kickoff in the third quarter and did not return to the game.

Quoted:

Larry Fedora:

It didn’t feel near the same as the last time we came off that field. It was a pretty poor feeling actually. We played poorly in all three phases of the game. Give Georgia Tech credit for what they accomplished today because they were the better team.

Kevin Reddick:

It’s never the case that you get that feeling that you can’t stop these guys; we just know it’s that one guy who missed, or one guy who messed up.

It’s embarrassing. You don’t wanna give up that many points.

“Coach was telling us all week ‘do your job, do your job,’ and guys came out and didn’t do that today.”

Quinshad Davis:

I’ve still got a bitter taste in my mouth because we lost. I feel honored that he looked to me on third down as a freshman, so I feel blessed.

I felt like I had two touchdowns because on a screen play I got tackled on the one.