Welcome to another edition of Tracking the Tar Heels.
Here’s what the Tar Heels have been up to:
- The UNC field hockey team won the ACC championship on Sunday and will host in the upcoming NCAA tournament, Assistant Sports Editor Henry Gargan writes.
- Grace Raynor writes that outside hitter Emily McGee has become one of the strongest defenders on the volleyball team.
- UNC basketball transfer Larry Drew II is looking for redemption with UCLA this season, Brian Hamilton of Sports Illustrated writes.
- The UNC rowing team raised money for charity before heading off on the road, Kate Eastman writes.
- While the fencing team wasn’t as successful as it was last weekend, it picked up some valuable experience at the Penn State Intercollegiate Open, Lindsay Masi writes.
- The wrestling team showed some reasons to be optimistic at the Hokie Open this weekend, Andrew Tie writes.
To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.