From the Press Box

What (and where) to Watch: UNC-Villanova

<p>James Michael McAdoo reacts after poking the ball out of bounds.</p>
Buy Photos

James Michael McAdoo reacts after poking the ball out of bounds.

No. 8 North Carolina (24-10, 12-6 ACC) vs. No. 9 Villanova (20-13, 10-8 Big East) in the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Missouri.

Scheduled tip-off: 7:20 p.m. EST (6:20 p.m. in Kansas City)

Television: TNT with Marv Alberts, Steve Kerr and Craig Sager on the call.

Radio: In addition to the Tar Heel Sports Network with Jones Angell and Eric Montross, tonight’s game will also be on the Dial Global Radio and called by Kevin Calabro and Will Perdue.

Be on the look out for:

3-point efficiency: Villanova is 14-1 when it makes six or more 3-pointers and 6-12 when it doesn’t. On the other side of the ball, Villanova has struggled with perimeter defense. The Wildcats have allowed teams to make 10 or more 3-pointers in nine different games and won just three of those games.

For the season, teams are making more than 36 percent from deep against Villanova. UNC is 15-2 this season when shooting better than 38 percent.

Interior battle: Villanova’s Mouphtaou Yarou has really picked up his game in his last eight games. He’s averaging a double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds.

James Michael McAdoo, North Carolina’s leading scorer, on the other hand didn’t have the most dominating ACC Tournament. Reggie Bullock was the team’s leading rebounder and P.J. Hairston was the leading scorer in Greensboro.

Scoreboard: When Villanova scores 70 points or more, it is 12-1 and 8-12 when it does not.

Projected starters: Villanova – G Darrun Hilliard 6-6/205, G Ryan Arcidiacono 6-3/195, G/F James Bell 6-6/225, F JayVaughn Pinkston 6-6/240, F Mouphtaou Yarou 6-10/250

North Carolina – G Marcus Paige 6-0/157, G Dexter Strickland 6-3/180, G Reggie Bullock 6-7/205, G/F P.J. Hairston 6-5.5/220, F James Michael McAdoo 6-9/230.

Leading scorers: Villanova – JayVaughn Pinkston 13.1 ppg, Ryan Arcidiancono 12.0 ppg.

North Carolina – James Michael McAdoo 14.4 ppg, P.J. Hairston 14.3 ppg, Reggie Bullock 14.2 ppg.

Leading rebouder: Villanova – Mouphtaou Yarou 7.8 rpg. North Carolina – James Michael McAdoo 7.4 rpg.