Welcome to a happening Monday edition of Tracking the Tar Heels.
Let's see what the Tar Heels have been up to:
- Sarah Headley describes how the women's lacrosse team avenged last year's overtime loss by beating Duke 12-6 in Durham on Friday.
- The Tar Heels were aided by the trickery of Sammy Jo Tracy, whose third goal of the night came on a trick play to overcome the Blue Devils, writes Ben Coley.
- On the men's side, it was last-minute chaos that downed UNC 15-14 at the hands of Notre Dame, Mohammed Hedadji describes.
- Kayleigh Payne explains how the women's tennis team made history by capping off an undefeated season with a 5-2 win over Boston College on Friday.
- For the men's team, it was business as usual after the Tar Heels' fifth win in six matches, this time a 4-3 victory against Georgia Tech on Sunday, notes David Adler.
- Jeremy Vernon illustrates how starting pitching struggles doomed the Tar Heels in their series split with Virginia Tech over the weekend.
- The softball team rode the hot-hitting of "Downtown" Kristen Brown to claim a 2-1 series victory against rival N.C. State over the weekend, details Logan Ulrich.
- But it was more than just Brown, C Jackson Cowart explains, as senior Jenna Kelly sealed the deal with two timely home runs on Saturday to turn the series.
- Senior Writer Danielle Herman describes how 15 Tar Heels set records for the track and field team over the weekend, led by strong performances in the 1,500-meter race.
- The women's golf team channeled an adverse regular season into a third-place finish in the ACC Championships over the weekend,writes Chandler Carpenter.
- The rowing team overcame an adverse start to finish strong in familiar waters Sunday, adds Hedadji.
- Sports Editor Grace Raynor reflects on her time at the Daily Tar Heel and encourages others to share in her experience.
To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.