From the Press Box

North Carolina 2015-16 men's basketball schedule released

The ACC released the 2015-16 basketball schedules for all 15 teams in the conference Wednesday. North Carolina's schedule will feature 13 contests against teams who were in the NCAA Tournament field one year ago. 

The Tar Heels will kick off their season Nov. 13 against the Temple Owls in the Veterans Classic, which will be played at the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Md. 

On Dec. 1, North Carolina will host Maryland in the ACC-Big 10 Challenge in what could be a potential top-5 matchup. The two teams did not play each other in 2014-15, the first time they failed to meet in a season since 1953-54.

Other notable non-conference opponents include Northern Iowa, Davidson, Texas and UCLA.

The Tar Heels will play 18 conference games, nine at home and nine on the road, in 2015-16. They will play Boston College, North Carolina State, Syracuse and Duke twice and the other 10 ACC schools once. 

The last four games of the season pose what could be a tough test for UNC, as the team will travel to N.C. State and Virginia, host Syracuse and then travel to Duke for the final game of the regular season on March 5. 

To view UNC's entire schedule, click here: http://bit.ly/1UnT3HF