From the Press Box

16 UNC football players earn All-ACC honors

The ACC released the selections to the 2015 All-Conference team Monday afternoon, a list that includes 16 North Carolina football players. 

Redshirt senior guard Landon Turner and sophomore running back Elijah Hood were named first-team All-ACC. Hood has amassed 1280 rushing yards and 16 touchdowns behind Turner and the rest of the Tar Heels' offensive line. 

Six UNC players were selected to the second team. Redshirt senior quarterback Marquise Williams, redshirt junior receiver Mack Hollins, redshirt junior tackle Jon Heck, redshirt junior guard Caleb Peterson represented the North Carolina offense, sophomore cornerback M.J. Stewart was chosen from the UNC defense and junior receiver punt returner was selected to the team as a return specialist. 

Switzer, senior wide receiver Quinshad Davis and junior center Lucas Crowley were selected to the third-team offense. Redshirt sophomore defensive tackle Nazair Jones, senior linebacker Shakeel Rashad and junior corner back Des Lawrence represent UNC on the third-team defense. 

Three more North Carolina players, junior place kicker Nick Weiler, redshirt senior linebacker Jeff Schoettmer and redshirt sophomore safety Donnie Miles were named to the honorable mention team.

A total of 16 Tar Heels were named All-ACC. Just six UNC players were given the honor in 2014.

@jbo_vernon