From the Press Box

At the half: North Carolina 44, Texas 42

In just its second true road game of the season, the North Carolina men's basketball team leads the Texas Longhorns 44-42 at the end of the first half. Here are three things to know about the game so far. 

1. Rebounding

Coming into the game, the Tar Heels were out-rebounding opponents by a margin of 12.5 per game. After one half, the Longhorns have control of the boards, grabbing 18 rebounds to UNC's 12. 

Texas also has grabbed nine offensive rebounds, which have led to 11 second chance points. North Carolina has just two offensive rebounds. 

2. Berry and Jackson leading the way

At the break, UNC's leading scorers are sophomores Justin Jackson (13) and Joel Berry (8). 

Jackson, a Texas native, is 5-of-7 from the field and has hit the only three point shot he has attempted. Berry has hit two threes, giving him a team-high 17 on the season so far. 

Jackson has struggled from the field so far this season, especially from beyond the arc, where he hit just 26.7 percent of his attempts coming into the contest. If he continues to find his groove, UNC could open this game up a little in the second half. 

3. Fouls

The Tar Heels picked up fouls early and often in the first half, tallying seven team fouls to put Texas in the bonus just eight minutes into the game. 

Brice Johnson picked up two fouls in the first eight minutes before being subbed out. When he entered the game, less than a minute had passed before he picked up his third. Since his third foul Johnson has not seen the floor. He currently has four points and just one rebound.