From the Press Box

Meet USA's Olympic Men's Gymnastics Team

Meet your Olympic Men’s gymnastics team to compete in Rio for this summer’s upcoming Olympic games. The men’s gymnastic trials took place in St. Louis on June 24 and 25.

After under 15 minutes of deliberation, the Olympic selection committee picked only five men out of the 18 gymnasts at the competition. They picked John Orozco, Chris Brooks, Jacob Dalton, Sam Mikulak and Alex Naddour based on their performances at the Olympic trials and the U.S. national championships, which was held in early June.

After serving as alternates for the team in the 2012 Games in London, both Brooks and Naddour will be making their Olympic debuts. 

Now, check out these demi-gods in all of their glory.

Sam Mikulak is from Newport Beach, California. He is 23 years old and attended the University of Michigan. He has 13 national titles, and this will be his second Olympics. He was the favorite to be picked as team captain even before the trials began.  

Answering questions you sent in to matebros.com/asksam on snapchat samuelmikulak #OTClife #freetime @donothanbailey

A video posted by Samuel Mikulak (@samuelmikulak) on

Chris Brooks is from Houston Texas and is 29 years old. He competed for the University of Oklahoma and holds nine National championship medals, three gold, three silver and three bronze. He was raised in a family of gymnasts and was coached by both his brother and his father. He was an alternate at the 2012 Olympic games and considered retirement, but remained involved for his Olympic debut in the Learn more about him here! Or read his NBC Olympic Profile.

#grind

A video posted by Chris Brooks (@cbrooks_gym) on

Check him out, check him out!!

John Orozco was born and raised in The Bronx, NY, and is 23 years old. He deferred college education in order to further pursue his elite career. In 2012 he won the All-Around gold medal at the US National Championships. He hold 13 national medals. This will be his second Olympic Games. It was an emotional Olympic trials for Orozco; he defied the odds of being able to compete due to an. Read more about him here, or read his NBC Olympic Profile

WoW!

Jake Dalton is from Reno, Nevada and is 24 years old. He competed at the Diversity of Oklahoma. He holds 15 national medals, including four national titles on his floor routines. The Rio games will be Dalton’s second Olympics, with his first appearance in London in 2012. Read his NBC Olympic Profile.

The last, but not the least, Alex Naddour, is from Gilbert, Arizona. He’s 25 years old. He holds seven national medals and three international medals. He competed for the University of Oklahoma. Naddour and the same year they welcomed their first daughter. Read more about Naddour here, or read his NBC Olympic Profile.

Getting much more consistent!!! #naddoursroadtorio #2016

A video posted by Alex Naddour (@alex_naddour) on