Medium

Concert review: Let DNCE be your new favorite band

At popular music bar Local 506, newcomers DNCE took the stage only to leave the fans absolutely speechless within seconds.

They began their set with their own song titled “DNCE” and geared up for one of their best shows yet. The band’s wild personality and creative lyrics paved the way for an atmosphere that the fans could absolutely fall in love with, and they did.

They fans gushed over lead singer and former Jonas Brother, Joe Jonas, throughout every single performance. Which he made exceptionally easy to do with his undeniably unique combination of riffs and high notes included in every song.

Of course, that was only the beginning for DNCE. They proceeded to sing a set of 90s mashups midway into their set that not only shocked the crowd, but completely led them into a 5 minute long moment of pure nostalgia and happiness. They combined “Don’t Go Chasing Waterfalls”, “No Scrubs”, and several other classics with the smoothest transitions and note changes I’ve ever witnessed.

They finished the show with their current hit single “Cake By the Ocean,” a total smash, which made the audience absolutely lose it. This was the very first song that EVERYONE knew the words to.

To conclude to the show they kindly invited every single person in the audience for pizza at the restaurant next door. Once they got there, they bought everyone pizza and individually handed out slices to everyone simultaneously while thanking the fans for their support.

As you can see it's pretty obvious why DNCE refers to themselves as “Your New Favorite Band”.