Medium

Stay sane during winter break with these songs

Winter break — the perfect way to spend oodles amount of time with family, high school friends you wanted to avoid and your pets. While it’s nice to have a solid month to relax and deal with zero academic responsibilities, sometimes the endless hours of watching Netflix and eating cookies makes for a boring week (or weeks). If you are tired of the seemingly endless pit of free time and want some pump up music to dance to or want to tune out your annoying cousins — this playlist is sure to suite your needs.

"New Bohemia"

This pop anthem was released earlier this year by the indie artist Transviolet. This song has a bit of a grunge-y vibe to it but it’s still perfect to blast in a car or dance around in your room to it. It’s also in an ad for Google which may or may not be the way I found out about it.

"Toothbrush"

Joe Jonas’ band “DNCE” is simply burning up with this hit off their new album “SWAAY.” The song comes off as both as chill and peppy. And if it matters, I think I love this song just as much as Joe Jonas loves using capital letters in titles.

"Catch"

This song is by the adorable but underrated band Dresses. This super sweet song came out this year on their new album Let Down. The whole album —  but this song in particular — is perfect to play in the car on long road trips or on a lazy morning.

"All Time Low"

This song was released earlier this year by the up-and-coming artist Jon Bellion. Bellion puts an unique flare in all of this songs, which can only be described as indie-pop-rap.

"Freak Caroline" (ALMOND & SAMME Remix)

For all you techno-lovin’ dancers out there, this upbeat remix of Sterling Fox’s song is perfect for you. I’m also sure it’s also a good song to run to — but I personally have not and do not plan on trying that out.

"Salt"

This song by the alternative rock band Bad Suns is sure to make you feel cool — like putting-your-hand-out-of-the-car-window-while-driving cool. Although it might be too cold to stick your hand out the window this winter break, you can blast this song in any room and channel that hipster vibe this band gives off.

"Cake Boy"

Did you know that Hoodie Allen’s real name is Steven Markowitz? Did you also know that he worked for Google? Do you know the song "Cake Boy"? If you answered "no" to any of these questions, then you should take a look at Hoodie’s wiki page and listen to this song — and if you’re like me, pretend you can rap along with him.