Medium

One Direction... more like what direction?

Happy Birthday Harry Styles... I hope your birthday wish is for One Direction to get back together.

That's right, 22 years ago the world was blessed with the birth of a curly-haired baby with four nipples, and the future songbird of our generation... the one and only Harry Styles. 

Source: Tumblr

Harry rose to fame along with Louis Tomlinson, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, and Zayn Malik in their band One Direction; they revived the greatest invention of the 90s, the boy band, and melted the hearts of girls around the world. 

Little did we know that the group's intended 'one year hiatus' would turn into BREAKING UP FOREVER. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ONE DIRECTION?!?!!

Source: Tumblr

They really hit the emotional ~feels~ with the release of their last music video — "History." You'll want to have a box of tissues near you before you watch it.

While One Direction's break up was heartbreaking, it was also inevitable (I mean look what happened to *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys). When Zayn broke off from the group, everyone was not questioning if the group would stay together — they wondered for how long. But now the question is this — what next? 

Zayn already came out with a chart topping single "Pillow Talk," last Friday, and a STEAMY music video featuring himself and Gigi Hadid. Zayn claims he and Gigi "are just friends." If that is true Zayn, I will gladly be your friend. 

Source: MTV

The rest of One Direction: Harry, Louis, Niall and Liam all intend to go solo and work on some projects of their own. Harry, the obvious heartthrob of the group, will have no problem being successful as a solo artist, but I'm interested to see what's in store for the rest of the group. 

Louis and his girlfriend Briana Jungwirth just welcomed their baby boy, whom they named Freddie Reign Tomlinson. People always say, "once you have kids you can kiss your social life goodbye," so I find it hard to see Louis making it big as a solo artist. He said on X Factor's Xtra Preview that he is working with Simon Cowell to put together a new all-girl band.  

Source: MTV

Now with Niall and Liam, it is difficult to tell if either will be successful as solo artists. I think Niall would be more successful of the two, but who knows. Niall says he plans to go spend some time with his family in Ireland for a bit, but the only big news with Niall right now is that he might be dating an Australian actress named Olympia Valance according to The Daily Mail.

Source: SugarScape

As for Liam... he is also planning to take a bit of a break and relax after singing with the band non-stop for five years. I have this feeling he will be the one to debut some singles that are so-so, and slowly fade out of the pop culture scene. I guess only time will tell.

Source: Teen.com

One Direction, it's not too late to get back together.... please.... PLEASE.