Medium

Binge Watch Guide: Gossip Girl

Binge Watch Guide is a blog series to lead you through the many available series for streaming.

Quick confession: I start binge watching a new show every semester right before exams. Somehow, it keeps me excited about life before the doom and gloom takes over three weeks in. This year, I went with "Game of Thrones," again, but a couple years ago it was "Gossip Girl." Now it's your turn.

Before starting the show, I thought I already knew too much. I was wrong. You will be so sucked in to the Upper East Side and the drama that you will quickly forget the Twitter spoilers you saw in high school. 

Everyone should watch this show. Young and old will enjoy the drama, and male and female will enjoy the cast. Between Chace Crawford and Blake Lively, there's something for everyone. 

Time Commitment: Medium. Six seasons, 121 episodes, about 45 minutes each. You will fly through it after the first couple of episodes. The final season is only 10 episodes, so you should be done by your first exam.

Most Interesting Character: None other than Gossip Girl herself. You will spend the entire series questioning everyone. That's one secret I'll never tell, but I can promise the reveal will shock you. 

The Good: Chuck and Blair. The will-they-won't-they plot between the two is seriously intense. I can promise you'll be rooting for them. The relationships on this show are complex and well-developed. There are some crazy connections between these people. Whether it's family, step-family, estranged family, best friend, ex-best friend, frenemy or enemy, something is brewing under the surface. No one is safe.

The Bad: The first episode aired in 2007 on the CW. It's been a while, and it can seem cheesy or outdated at times. For me, that makes it even better, because I still think I'm 14. For others, it might come off as too "teen." Whatever.

The Takeaway: If you have not binged this show by now, chances are someone has told you to. I put it off for way too long, and now I am obsessed. You are not too old or too busy. You know you want to. XOXO.

If you liked this, consider watching this too: "Desperate Housewives" is available to stream on Netflix and will be the guilty pleasure you never knew you needed. Other similar shows include "The Royals" and "One Tree Hill."