Medium

How are you celebrating National Beer Day?

Today is National Beer Day, but most people didn’t even know this wonderful day existed. Among those in the dark are Chapel Hill favorites, like Top of the Hill, He’s Not Here, Carolina Brewery and Linda’s. Most bars around town say they have no events or drink specials planned because they didn’t know about National Beer Day. The consensus is that a lot of UNC students didn’t know either and/or aren’t celebrating. Shame! Chapel Hill and UNC, we need to do better. I think after Monday night’s game, we could all use a few beers. Staff writer Maria Mullus asked UNC students about National Beer Day.

“I didn’t know — no idea. “But say no more.” “I’m honestly not much of a beer fan. Beer isn’t my thing.” — Kide Nnadike, senior 

"I'm honestly not much of a beer fan. Beer isn't my thing." — Kate Townsend, sophomore 

“What’s it called? Thirsty Thursday? I feel like if people knew, they would definitely go.” — Jackie Lopez, junior 

“I feel like most people don’t really need that much of an excuse to drink. I don’t drink.” — Hamid Ali, junior  

“I’m not that type of person. I don’t judge anyone else for doing it, but it’s just not my thing. “I wouldn’t take time out of my day to celebrate something like that.” — Samantha Polito, senior 

“I’ve heard of it, but I didn’t know it was (today). I go out on Thursdays sometimes anyway, so it’s kind of more of an incentive.” — Christian Moheit, senior 

So now that you all know about National Beer Day, go out and celebrate — it’s also Thirsty Thursday.

Cheers!

@MariaMullis2017