Party Czar

Football season begins

I started off the weekend walking home from work and the first thing I see is tons of girls standing around on sidewalks. Sorority rush has officially begun, and my only complaint is that it does not last longer than a week.

On Saturday, I made my way to a tailgate at Craige Deck. Tailgating is the essence of a perfect weekend because all of the UNC alumni come back and try to pretend they are still able to have as much fun as they did in college. I have to say my favorite part was watching the guy tailgating next to me dancing. It's definitely bringing back memories of his college years.

On a more serious note, tailgates at UNC need to take party fouls more seriously. This is a problem. There are footballs flying everywhere, bouncing off cars and grills. Far too many drinks are being wasted — all by the common mistake of setting a drink on the ground.

After tailgating for five hours, it was time to go into the game. At the gate, I witnessed several freshman realizing they can't sneak in airplane bottles in their purses. Yes, purses get searched. You have to either duct tape the bottles to your legs, or simply stick them in your pockets. When leaving the game, there are hundreds of airplane bottles sitting in the aisles like eaten peanut shells. Not just in the student section.