Pit Talk

All Hallow's hunt

<p>One Franklin Street-goer dressed as Nyan Cat on Halloween last year.</p>
Buy Photos

One Franklin Street-goer dressed as Nyan Cat on Halloween last year.

Halloween is finally here, which means most of us will be reveling in all it’s spookiness on Franklin Street tonight. While you’re out gallivanting about in your All Hallow’s best, why not turn that fun into a scavenger hunt of sorts?

It is fairly common to take pictures with random strangers in costume while you make your way through the crowd, especially if their costumes are pretty clever. So here is your challenge for tonight: take a picture with the following costumed strangers, or friends, and tweet at us!

Three insects of any kind
These can include ladybugs, butterflies or bumblebees (bonus points if you find the Transformer).

Three of anything UNC-related
In the past few years, I’ve seen costumes ranging from the P2P to the Old Well to Holden Thorp. Though after the year we’ve had, I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a few more interesting characters out there.

Three musical celebrities
Previously seen: Lady Gaga, the Spice Girls and Nicki Minaj. This year be on the look out for people like Psy, Lana Del Rey and One Direction. A parody version of any of these is also acceptable.

Two political memes
The election season (and especially the debates) has brought us a plethora of memes. Some key costumes to look out for: Big Bird, Binders Full of Women and the 47%. More bonus points if you find Paul Ryan Gosling.

Two characters from TV shows
Almost any television show will do, though I’m partial to Saturday Night Live sketch characters.

One Gov. Bev Perdue (the parody version)
If you’ve been lurking around Twitter, you might have run into @GovBevPerdue, a parody account that has been frequently mistaken for the real governor’s account. This one might be a little difficult to find, but if you do you should celebrate with all the Bojangles’ Bo-Berry Biscuits you can get your hands on.

One really clever interpretation of anything
By really clever, I mean really clever. As in, it isn’t very obvious what the person is supposed to be, like someone dressed up as “50 Shades of Grey” by covering up in 50 things that are all different shades of grey.