Pit Talk

What to do in Chapel Hill during the weekend

Chapel Thrill — excuse me, Hill — is infamous for being an exciting college town, but what can you do when you can’t seem to find anything to do? We have some suggestions.

Any college student will do their fair share of crying. It might be over a relationship, the excessively long line at Alpine or the sheer pressure of being on your 4th Red Bull at 6 a.m. and still not being done with your homework. That’s why you should find your #UNCCryZone

If you’re bored of Chapel HIll, just catch the bus over to Carrboro. You check out my personal favorite, Open Eye Café or rock out at Cat’s Cradle!

If you decide you want to have no fun whatsoever, you can catch up on the copious amounts of reading that you’re behind on. Nothing is more fun than spending your weekend reading about the Battle of the Bulge, right?

Walk around campus and lurk near anyone walking their dog — ask if you can pet your dog, but play it cool so they don’t get freaked out by how obsessed you are with their dog. If you’re lucky, you might stumble across a Helping Paws event.

If you’re looking for a more long-term time commitment, join a group on campus! There are a cappella groups and choral clubs, Greek life, club sports teams and much, much more!

No matter what you do, be safe and have fun Tar Heels!