Pit Talk

13 signs it's spring semester at UNC

April showers bring May flowers, yes. But this is Tar Heel territory, and January snow brings the February foe — that is, Feb. 17 is the first UNC-Dook game. 

You know it’s spring semester when basketball game dates are etched into your memory while you can’t recall your mom’s phone number.

What distinguishes a spring semester from a fall semester? There are 13 signs to tell what season it is. You know, just in case you time travel without knowing your destination.

Good2b

1. Obviously, UNC basketball. We already went over this, but it’s crucial to the list.

2. You’re celebrating the Michael Jordan’s birthday. Guess when it is. The same day as the first UNC-Dook game (Feb. 17) — is this a sign from the ball gods? He’ll be 53.

3. You’ll be remembering the late Dean Smith. He passed Feb. 7 and gave UNC 39 years of his life. Rest in peace, Coach.

4. The Pit has re-fulfilled its role as the battleground for UNC’s 700+ student clubs and organizations. However, couldn’t there be more to the Pit?

5. And the Quad is a mass of humanity after thawing out from the winter. #PolkPlacePriorities

6. The Super Bowl has arrived. And this time our own Panthers will make their second attempt at clutching the championship dub.

Giphy

7. Spring break plans are in full development. Even if you’re planning on a Netflix binge.

8. The taste of summer break isn’t far off either. It couldn’t be closer, could it?

9. Your New Year’s resolution is going strong and so are you.

Tumblr

10. Your New Year’s resolution is… I can’t find your resolution, sorry.

11. Love is in the air. Never mind, that’s just pollen. My bad.

12. Students are gearing up for Holi Moli, the annual religious celebration done by the Campus Y that draws crowds of thousands.

13. Finally, the senior class is getting hype by the day for graduation, or sweating over getting their lives together.

Have a fantastic semester, whether it's your first or last. Rain or shine, it's always a #GDTBATH!