Pit Talk

What your favorite study spot says about you as a person

It’s currently midterm season, which means everyone is coming out of the woodwork to study at various places around campus. You’ve probably had that moment recently when some random stranger is sitting in “your” chair at the library. How could they?!

It turns out that where you choose to study says a lot about who you are as a person. If you’re having some serious doubts about that, don’t worry. Just roll with me here. Pick your favorite study spot and I will enlighten you about yourself.

Davis Library

Not going to lie, you’re kind of a boring person. Everyone studies at Davis. Break out of the mold and be yourself! Most importantly, get out so I can have more room to spread out all my stuff. Specifically, if you could remove yourself from the first floor green couch in front of the window that would be great.

Coffee shops

Hello hipster! Just kidding, we all know that searching for a coffee shop that still has an empty table is the best way to procrastinate. Throw in a long line for coffee and you have the ultimate procrastination environment.

Lenoir

You are a brave soul, and a focused one. If you can get work done with people talking ridiculously loudly around you and the temptation of sweet potato bread pudding ten feet away, more power to you. You also probably love loud music because blasting music through your headphones is the only way to drown out what seems like all of campus eating lunch at the same time.

Your room

I’m sorry, you’re not actually doing work. You’re lying on your floor “reading” your textbook while simultaneously listening to music and watching Netflix. You’re a great multitasker, I’ll give you that.

So next time you’re looking for a good place to study, keep in mind that literally everyone around you is most likely making damaging inferences about your character.

@meggiecruser