Pit Talk

Things to look forward to before finals week

As finals are fast approaching, so are finals blues. The libraries are filling up, stress is building, and despite the beautiful weather and spring fever, there's an aura of dread over campus. Fortunately, there are plenty of ~wonderful~ events/shows/fun things going on before the cursed Finals Week.

THIS WEEK:

Wednesday, April 13: $2 burritos at Cosmic Cantina were supposed to be a thing, but the event was POSTPONED. Be on the look out for this one coming up soon!!

Thursday, April 14 to Monday, April 18: Kenan Theatre Company presents "The Cherry Orchard" at the Center for Dramatic Arts. Shows are at 8 p.m with a Sunday matinee at 2 p.m. and Monday night's show at 5 p.m.

Friday, April 15: Henna in the Pit! Bring $1-$5 for some cool designs from 11-2 with all proceeds going to Delta Phi Omega sorority. 

Friday, April 15 – Monday, April 18: Pauper Player's presents Spring Awakening at the ArtsCenter in Carborro. Are you an angsty teen? This one's for you! Shows are at 7 p.m. with a Saturday 2 p.m. matinee and talkback!

Saturday, April 16: #UNCFB Fan Fest and Spring Game! Kick off football season with the Fan Fest at 1:30 p.m. (food trucks, hopefully free goodies, games, music, etc) and the game at 3 p.m.

NEXT WEEK: 

Sunday, April 17: Yes, so many performances coming up! Star Heels Spring Show is at 6:30 in the Great Hall at the Union.

April 18 to 26: All week is Europe Week! Check out all the events here: http://europe.unc.edu/europeweek/. Special shoutout to the Europe Eats! Food Truck Rodeo on Saturday, April 23 at 4:30 at the FedEx Global Education Center.

Wednesday, April 20: Carolina Khalsa hosts Tie a Turban Day! Learn how to tie a turban, take selfies in said turban, etc. It's happening in the Pit from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Wednesday, April 20: Coookout Shake Sale in the Pit from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Friday, April 22: Full Moon Zipline from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. hosted by the Carolina Outdoor Education Center. Currently, the event is sold out, but you can check the Facebook event page for info about how to get on the wait list!

Friday, April 22 to Sunday, April 24: Company Carolina presents "Cyrano" at the ArtsCenter in Carrboro. Shows are at 8 p.m. with a Sunday matinee at 3 p.m. 

Saturday, April 23: It's spring and there is o much a cappella! Both the Tarpeggio's Get Real and the Walk-Ons 15th Anniversary Concert start at 7 p.m. The Tarps will be at Hanes Art Center 121 and the Walk-Ons will be performing in Genome G100.

LDOC:

There are a million things going on but here are some classic LDOC things for Wednesday, April 27:

11 a.m. to 3 p.m. : LDOC in the Pit. Lots of people, lots of food, lots of fun.

12 p.m. to 8 p.m. : HeelFest at E-Haus field! Activities, games, music, food, free stuff – what isn't there to like?