Tar Heel Life Hacks

Cards Against Humanity tips and tricks

While definitely not the game you want to play at Christmas with your grandparents and extended family, Cards Against Humanity has a certain spunk you cannot deny. The vulgar, obscene cards combined with the way they highlight human capability to make a joke out of anything are sure to get you and your friends on a new level.

Not sure what card to play? Not sure what line to cross? Cross all lines. Play the card you would be embarrassed to admit. Just getting started? Scared? 

Here are cards you can play that can guarantee a win but won’t get you slapped in the face: 

Say the word "yodeling" and tell me you didn't laugh.

Can be taken literally or figuratively.

Would avoid if you're playing with anyone from Great Britain. If not, this card can make for something great. 

Combination of a home video, beloved talk-show host and microwavable food = gold.

Try to think of anyone other than Jamie Lee Curtis. Impossible, right?

Solution whenever someone asks, "Can I have a bite of that?"

And for when you play too often…

• There are six Cards Against Humanity expansion packs, each with 100 new cards to add to your collection once you are no longer surprised when you pick up a card that says “A stray pube.”

• There are three holiday expansion packs in which 100% of the profits go to charity. Don't think about the irony.
  • An expansion pack for 90s kids, perfect if you’re still distraught by Full House ending 11 years ago.
  • A science pack, because the “Bill Nye the Science Guy.” card wasn’t enough for you.
  • Already own the game? There is supposedly a hidden card in the top of the box. Proceed with caution!

You may feel awkward at first, but I think we can all admit that "Apples to Apples" and "Go Fish" are out of style. Connect with people, laugh a little, and above all else, remember that it is a game.