The Onyen

7 sick Instagram selfie captions

If you use or have even heard of Instagram, you know the importance of a good caption. 

Captions make the act of sharing random pictures of your life with the Internet less creepy. The caption quality bar is raised higher when it comes to the oh-so-special selfie.

Here are seven sick suggestions for captions to post the best Instagram selfie ever:

1. "You do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around. That what it's all about."

Take your followers on a trip down memory lane with this class song lyric. It's more tasteful than a Top 40 hit and invokes good feelings like nostalgia and cheer rather than the dread and despair that comes with quoting Ed Sheeran.

2. 

aka the Quadratic Formula

(Source: Chegg)

Impress friends and frenemies alike with your knowledge of basic algebra. A Quadratic caption says, "Hey, I've opened a math textbook before."

3. "Jesus wept."

The shortest verse in the Bible and your quickest way to 1,000 likes. #blessed

4. "This... is Carolina basketball."

If you're a sports fan, use this timeless caption asserting the quality of basketball at your school. Pair it with that selfie you got with Brice Johnson's elbow or the creeper shot of Marcus Paige you snagged in Bottom of Lenoir and you're on your way to guaranteed Insta fame. 

5. "INFORMATIONAL MESSAGE FROM ALERT CAROLINA"

Attention UNC students, faculty and staff: this selfie is causing a threat to the university with its bombness. Turn around, don't drown.

6. "The British are coming!!"

Paul Revere got so many followers with this solid message about the incoming Brits during the Revolution. So too will you.

7. "I don't really look like this."

Let the Instagram community know the truth: you spent countless hours editing, cropping and adding filters to this picture and in reality you look nothing like the selfie you have created. Face it, you are Victor Frankenstein and the selfie is your monster. Or, you're just naturally pretty congrats!

Try these captions out with your next #selfie and I guarantee you'll #breaktheinternet.

via GIPHY