Town Talk

Adoptable Dog of the Week: Angel

Staff writer Maggie Monsrud volunteers at the Orange County Animal Shelter. Each week, she will write about a dog at the shelter who's up for adoption. You can visit the shelter's website here and see last week's post here.

This week, I present you with the one and only Angel. 

Oh wait, that picture’s a little too close.

Still a little too close.

Ah, that's better.

Angel

Breed: Pitt Bull Terrier and Plott Hound 

Age: 14 months

Gender: Female

Angel was an absolute….well, angel.

Half of my pictures were close ups because she was so persistent on trying to lick our faces. She was a dream to get out of her kennel. She was so cooperative, and walking her was a breeze.

When I got the chance to sit down in her kennel and bond with her, her tail never stopped wagging.

Aside from being ridiculously sweet, Angel also knows how to sit and can catch a treat when you toss it to her.

It may sound like a very simple concept, but I can’t tell you how many dogs I’ve seen with absolutely no paw-eye coordination.

Angel’s fur was the softest fur in the world. I could have sat there for hours just petting her.

And I honestly don’t think she would have minded it at all. She was in heaven when we started scratching her chest.

Angel has very unique coloring on her face. One eye is surrounded by brown and black fur, while the other eye is surrounded by white fur. Looking at each eye separately, it almost feels like you’re looking at two different dogs.

When Angel wasn’t in our faces, she would either sit there and wait for us to pet her or stare longingly out the door, wanting to go on another walk.

I think Angel would be a great dog for any family. She does like a lot of attention, so I think she would be best for someone who is willing to spend a lot of time with her. I don’t think she’d enjoy sitting in a kennel all day while someone’s at work or school.

If you’re interesting in adopting Angel, please visit her page on the OCAS website to learn more about her. Then make sure to stop by OCAS to do a meet-and-greet with her.