Town Talk

Adoptable Dog of the Week: Jude

Staff writer Maggie Monsrud volunteers at the Orange County Animal Shelter. Each week, she will write about a dog at the shelter who's up for adoption. You can visit the shelter's website here and see last week's post here.

Meet Jude!

Breed: German Shepherd mix

Gender: Male

Age: 3 years old

When I first met Jude, I couldn’t get over how excited he was. He seemed so happy to be alive, which made me so happy to be alive.

But as soon as I went into his cage, the excitement disappeared.

I’m very tempted to throw out a Beatles reference here…something along the lines of, “Hey Jude, don’t be afraid...” But that would be too easy.

Jude isn’t necessarily afraid or timid, he is just a very submissive dog. He doesn’t jump all over you when you go into his cage. Instead, he sits down and let’s you pet him, lie on him and whatever else you want. Which threw me off guard after seeing his initial excited reaction.

Jude is very well behaved. He was also easy to walk and didn’t bark at other dogs.

Jude is a great dog for anyone looking for a low-maintenance and calm dog. He won’t be the type of dog to jump on you and greet you when you come home — you’ll have to work for his love. He’s perfect for someone that has a small apartment or young children because he won’t get overwhelmed and hop around.

Plus, look at that face! Who couldn’t love that face?

If you’re interested in adopting Jude, check out the Orange County Animal Shelter page for him here, then pay a visit to the shelter and meet him. Jude has been at OCAS for over a month now, so he is ready and rearing to be adopted by a loving family.