Town Talk

Adoptable Dog of the Week: Mohawk

Staff writer Maggie Monsrud volunteers at the Orange County Animal Shelter. Each week, she will write about a dog at the shelter who's up for adoption. You can visit the shelter's website here and see last week's post here.

Say hello to the cute and incredibly cuddly Mohawk.

Breed: Terrier mix

Age: 2 years old

Gender: Male

You’re probably wondering, "what in the world kind of name is Mohawk?" It’s an awesome name, that’s what it is.

But it was given to him for a rather amusing reason.

Mohawk literally has a mohawk that goes down the middle of his back.

Impressed? So was I!

Mohawk’s adorable hair style isn’t the only quality that makes him unique.

Mohawk is one of those dogs that keeps to himself. Amidst all of the barking that echoes around the shelter, I could just tell that Mohawk was very unhappy there. Orange County Animal Shelter is an amazing place and takes great care of the dogs, but Mohawk wanted nothing to do with it.

When I took him to a separate area away from all of the dogs, he immediately cuddled in my arms and hid his head in the nook of my arm. Describing Mohawk as cuddly is an understatement.

He is a very relaxed dog that would be more than happy just sitting in a person’s lap for hours. When I tried walking away from him, he would follow me. And he’s not into licking peoples’ faces, so he’s a great fit for anyone that prefers not to have dog saliva all over his or her face.

Mohawk would be perfect for someone that is looking for companionship from a dog. I have a feeling that Mohawk will develop a very loyal bond to the lucky soul who adopts him.

So what are you waiting for? Hop in your car and take a trip down to Orange County Animal Shelter. Ask to see Mohawk, love him and adopt him.

If you’re at all interested, click here to learn more about Mohawk and the adoption process.