Town Talk

Review: Burritos galore at Cosmic Cantina

Cosmic Cantina -- the holy land of burritos.

This little restaurant located at Franklin Center is my go to place for late-night burritos. The place is open from 11 a.m. to 4 a.m. Cosmic has won "Best Late Night Food" several years in a row now.

Their prices are glorious. They have a mini burrito for under three bucks. Is your mind blown? Good, because it should be. At that price they're basically handing the burrito to you.

Something I noticed tonight that I hadn't notice before were the two murals on Cosmic's walls. One side shows the view of Franklin Street aimed towards N. Columbia Street, while the other mural shows a view of Franklin Street aimed in the opposite direction.

That's right ladies and gents. As you stand between these two murals, you are essentially standing at the stoplight at CVS on Franklin Street. Don't believe me? Then go to Cosmic yourself — or just take a look at the pictures attached to this article.

My favorite dish at Cosmic is the vegetarian deluxe burrito. It took me quite some time to nail down this dish since their menu doesn't offer a description of the food items. I've held up the line before asking them, "So what's in the veggie burrito?...Mhmm, mhmm nice. Now what's in the garden burrito?...Right, right...and what did you say was on the veggie burrito again?"

But that's part of the fun, isn't it? Trying everything on the menu, even if you have to make mistakes along the way and order the wrong burrito (don't get me started about the Mole Burrito incident of 2015). I ordered the darn thing twice, somehow wishing the mole sauce on the burrito would change into guacamole.

I give Cosmic Cantina three swims! And if you aren't familiar to this reference to Seth MacFarlane's impression of Ryan Lochte on SNL, please go educate yourself.

@maggiemonsrud