View from the Hill

This is what your next president looked like in their college years

The saying goes, “If it’s been featured on Snapchat, it has to be true.” The “2016 Campaign Hustle” event Tuesday has alerted the Millennial Generation that the presidential race is officially picking up speed.

The road to determining the Republican and Democratic nominees begins Feb. 1 in the Iowa caucus. Knowing who is who is essential, even if you’re not an Iowan. The Huffington Post has kept tabs of the major candidates. Here are the top three from both parties. 

Graph compiled using the Huffington Post’s Pollster information.

Of course, what’s more essential is knowing these candidates. Mainly, what they looked like during their formative college years.

The (Only Three) Republican Candidates

Donald Trump

via Rant Political

Little did you know, the Donald has military (academy) background. Strikingly, his hair is... existent. What a stud.

Ted Cruz

via The Boston Globe

Cruzin’ through Republican victories as a young adult, Ted celebrated Bush’s win as Texas governor in 1994 at Harvard Law. Also, doesn't this look like Ron Livingston from Office Space?

Marco Rubio

via The Washington Post

Twenty years ago and Marco Rubio can still be found battling Clintons. Here he is taking part in a campaign against Bill. Speaking of Bill…

The (Top Three) Democratic Candidates

Hillary Clinton

via Salon.com

The power couple took on Yale in the 1970s, where they met. Those were the good ole days, until email came along. Sorry, Hillary, I had to.

Bernie Sanders

via POLITICO Magazine

Since the 60s, Bernie Sanders has been vocal about inequality. The Bern is hardly recognizable!

Martin O'Malley

via Martin O’Malley for President

As polls show, there is little public backing for O’Malley… Just as there is little for me to say here about him.