Wednesday January 20th

Heidi Pérez-Moreno

News

Students returning to UNC must show proof of negative COVID-19 test before arrival

Undergraduate students living in the Chapel Hill-Carrboro area will be required to test for COVID-19 prior to arriving on campus, once they return and regularly during the semester. Students are required to upload a negative COVID-19 test within five days before returning to campus onto the ConnectCarolina. Those living in the area must test at a UNC site once they return onto campus. Some students, however, are finding it difficult to meet UNC’s testing requirements.

Read More »
News

First generation UNC students feel isolated during UNC’s virtual semester

For many first generation students, the switch to remote learning has translated into difficulties finding affordable tutoring options outside UNC and finding adequate living options.  Programs and resources are available for first generation students to stay connected with other students, discuss academic challenges and issues they’re facing during the at-home semester, and receive guidance from faculty mentors and participate in peer coaching. 

Read More »

More articles »

News

fec 0831.png

Chair of the Faculty Mimi Chapman speaks at the Faculty Executive Committee meeting on Monday, Aug. 31, 2020. The committee discussed actions that the university could take to prevent another catastrophic reopening in the spring semester.

More media »

The Daily Tar Heel for December 7, 2020