Quick Hits for Feb. 4, 2016

Rain on my parade

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

College is a time to learn — sadly, we forget a lot. We forgot to bring an umbrella on a day it was suppose to rain. We were drenched and we just started lying to people about it instead of admitting to our mistakes. So if you are reading this, we did not actually save some one from drowning in University Lake. 

Stagnant Trump

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

In a world filled with inconsistency, it is refreshing to see some things remain constant. When Donald Trump came in second in Iowa, he gave a speech expressing gratitude — this left us perplexed. Thankfully, he is back on Twitter blaming his loss on a cheater. It is good to know some things never change.

Panthers Pat

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

We have expressed our discomfort with the NFL in several Quick Hits, but watching the NFL is about to get even more uncomfortable. Gov. Pat McCrory — our archenemies, the enemy of our University — will be in attendance. Can’t we eat slaughtered animals  and watch men slam into each other in peace?!  

Open forever

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

Time-Out is open 24/7, serving thousands of intoxicated students at any time. The employees of this establishment deserve a thumbs up. To the Time-Out crew, we apologize if we were ever belligerent. Please know we only have the deepest respect and gratitude for the great work you do. 

Two?!

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

The graduate student governance referendum did not get the signatures required to be on the ballot — they were two short. TWO! This needed to happen, and now graduate students are still subjected to undergrad rule due to two f*cking votes. For the record, we signed it — which doesn’t mean much now. 

Hope for the future

While we are happy to see Marcus Paige scoring above 10 points again, it was painful to watch the loss against Louisville. It’s OK, team, we are still doing fine. We know having Paige back means great things for the future. Duke is only 13 days away, so let’s just make sure everything is back to normal by then.