Advertise with The Daily Tar Heel
Prefer to reach out directly?
- To inquire about subscriptions, call the main office front desk at 919-962-1163 ext 0.
- Classified ads may be placed online by clicking on the classifieds tab.
- You can submit the information for a HeelsHousing.com listing here.
- Please review our advertising policies here.
Rates and Information
- 2020 Daily Tar Heel Media Kit
- Summer 2020 Publication Calendar
- 2019-20 Local Rate Card
- 2019-20 Heels Housing Rate Sheet
- 2019-20 National Rate Card
The Daily Tar Heel is currently celebrating the 127th year of publication
- Print and online editions provide the most comprehensive source available about UNC-Chapel Hill news and events, sports and features, and local business advertisers.
- Published Monday, Wednesday and Friday according to the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill class schedule and weekly in the summer.
- 10,000 copies distributed daily.
- 197 distribution locations on campus and off campus covering Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Durham and Chatham County.
- Print and online readership penetrates more than 90 percent* of the campus community.
- Greatest penetration of the 18 to 24 year-old demographic* of any local media buying alternative.
- 68 percent of students and 77 percent of UNC employee readers look specifically at DTH display ads* when looking for a bargain or best buy before shopping and to plan their entertainment outings.
Readership Buying Power
UNC's employee payroll is more than $1.3 billion annually.
UNC students have an aggregate disposable income of $6.8 million a month after all their regular expenses have been paid.*
Recognized four times nationally since 1999 as the best college newspaper advertising operation.
Awarded the National Pacemaker Award eight times since 1990 recognizing top college daily news operations.
Inducted in 2014 into the Associated Collegiate Press Hall of Fame for cumulative Pacemaker wins.
Impressive Roots & Traditions
The DTH launched the careers of many distinguished alumni, including Charles Kuralt, Lou Harris, Jonathan Yardley, Peter Gammons, Cole Campbell, Peter Wallsten, Mary Junck, Thanassis Cambanis, Rolfe Neill, Hugh Stevens, Larry Keith, Thomas Wolfe, Walter Spearman, Susan Miller Fulton, Alan Murray, Edwin Yoder, Karen Jurgensen, Jonathan Daniels, Rob Nelson and many others.
*MORI Research and Consulting.