The Daily Tar Heel Advertising Policies
All advertisers working with The Daily Tar Heel must agree to the terms and conditions set forth below.
COVID-19 ADJUSTMENT TO POLICIES
Due to the unexpected nature of operations during the COVID-19 pandemic, the following policies have been set in place:
1. All publication dates and deadlines are subject to change at any time. Notice will be provided as soon as possible.
2. If a publication is cancelled or postponed, ads will be moved, adjusted or transferred to other platforms.
- Advertising orders and copy must be received by The Daily Tar Heel no later than 2 business days before the insertion date.
- Advertisements published containing errors shall be subject to an adjustment in rate based on benefit derived by the advertiser, as determined by The Daily Tar Heel's managing director of sales & strategy.
- The Daily Tar Heel reserves the right to reject advertising which it considers objectionable. Advertisements that discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, or sex will not be accepted. Advertisements containing false or misleading statements will be rejected. Advertisements for products, services or promotions that are illegal in the state of North Carolina will be rejected.
- The Daily Tar Heel does not guarantee ad position. Copy changes will not be honored after deadlines.
- Local display advertising of any kind cancelled after the deadline will be charged for the full cost of the space ordered.
- Make-goods or credit adjustments will be made for any ad that runs or prints in error. It is the responsibility of the advertiser to notify The Daily Tar Heel of significant errors. The Daily Tar Heel is responsible for first run errors only. The limit of responsibility will be the total cost of the ad in which the error occurs. No allowance will be made for errors that do not materially affect the value of the advertisement as determined by The Daily Tar Heel.
- The advertiser and/or advertising agency assume liability for all content (including text and illustrations) of advertisements printed, and also assume the responsibility of any claims arising therefrom made against The Daily Tar Heel.
- All questions relative to charges must be directed to The Daily Tar Heel's Managing Director of Sales & Strategy or General Manager. Only these individuals are authorized to make adjustments in a charge for advertisements.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All advertising is payable in advance unless the advertiser has first established credit with The Daily Tar Heel. New accounts desiring credit must fill out a credit application and be approved by the General Manager before credit can be extended.
- Prepayment is required of all out-of-state advertisers and political advertisers.
- Officially recognized student organizations must present a SAFO signature prior to placing advertisements.
- Advertisers will be sent tearsheets and invoices monthly for all advertising the previous month. Statements/invoices will be sent on the last business day of the month.
- Accounts must be paid within 30 days. Accounts unpaid after 90 days will be refused advertising until past due balance is paid in full. A minimum of one semester of prepayment will be required to establish a good credit record or to reinstate a good credit rating.
- All advertising orders are subject to the terms and provisions of the current rate card. Orders received not reflecting the current rates and provisions will be adjusted to the terms of the schedule in force without further notice.
919-962-1163 ext. 2 • firstname.lastname@example.org • 109 E. Franklin St., Suite 210