UNC grad and male stripper finds place on 'Real World'

Dylan Moore, aka Nicky Showtime, began his stripping career in high school.

“When I first started school, I was a criminal justice major — I wanted to be a police officer,” Moore said. “I kinda went the opposite route there.”

The former UNC track athlete’s route includes being an internet prank video star, a male stripper and most recently, a contestant on the current season of “Real World.”

Moore — who goes by the stage name of Nicky Showtime — started stripping during high school, but he considered it a social hobby as opposed to a potential career path. His inspiration to go from law enforcement to entertainment came from a teammate during his time at UNC.

“I wanted to switch majors and didn’t know what I was gonna do, and he was like, ‘Yo, you should do media production,’” Moore said. “He knew I had more balls than a lot of people, so I started filming some dumb shit, which kinda translated into the strip prank thing and ‘Real World.’”

Moore said his decision to do a strip routine during a Biology 101 class in 2014 was a spontaneous one and cost him his track scholarship.

“I was sitting in Rams Head that Monday, and was like, ‘You know what, I’m gonna do it on Wednesday,’” he said. “It wasn’t even my class.”

Rising senior Emily Sullivan was sitting near Moore when he began to strip that day.

“It was unexpected for sure,” he said. “I didn’t really like biology that much so I thought it was hilarious.”

Now, Moore is in the public eye again — but this time as a contestant on the 31st season of “Real World.” He said the experience of the show has been enjoyable, but definitely not something for everybody.

“You’re waking up with cameras in your face so you gotta be comfortable with that,” he said. “You have to have no fear when it comes to privacy.”

UNC graduate Doug Pass, who lived in the same dorm as Moore during his time at UNC, described Moore as a hilarious party boy and said he wasn’t shocked to see his former classmate on MTV.

“I’m not surprised in the slightest, he loves attention, he loves the spotlight and he’s a hit with everyone,” Pass said.

Despite an affinity for the spotlight, fame isn’t an achievement Moore is going after.

“Yeah, like who wouldn’t want to be on TV, but it’s not the goal,” Moore said. “I’m literally just doing what I want and people want to watch so it’s not even my prerogative.”

Moore said he wouldn’t be against being on television again after “Real World” ends. While he may prefer the weirder shows, he said he doesn’t believe the setting of the show ultimately matters.

“I’m always gonna be the same character — I’m gonna be myself,” he said. “If the cameras are rolling, it’s showtime.”

@yayjennic