No. 9 UNC volleyball sweeps Miami to maintain perfect ACC record

The No. 9 North Carolina volleyball team won its sixth straight game on Sunday, sweeping Miami 3-0 to cap off a very successful weekend (25-20, 25-10, 25-18).

The Tar Heels (14-2, 6-0 ACC) looked confident coming into this game, and their play proved why. The first set was close to start, with Miami (7-11, 1-5 ACC) jumping out to a 4-2 lead. This would not last, however, as UNC quickly responded with a 6-0 run to go up 8-4. North Carolina carried this momentum throughout the set, and finished with a solid 25-20 win.

UNC has started sets well all season, and the second set was no exception. The Tar Heels jumped out to an 8-1 lead and cruised to a 25-10 win. The entire team took hold of the game. The Tar Heels were playing with heaps of energy and looked unbeatable.

After taking a 9-4 lead to start the third set, the tank was empty for Miami. First-year Julia Scoles dominated the final frame, notching eight kills in a furious game clinching run for North Carolina.

Julia Scoles dominated yet again. She finished the game with 12 kills and three aces, including nine points in the final set. Scoles has been one of the most productive players for UNC, and is getting better each week.

Coming off the bench, redshirt senior Hayley McCorkle finished second for the team with seven kills and nine points. She was very impressive in the first two sets of the game.

First-year Greer Moseman saw her first action of the season and did well with her chances. After she shook off the nerves, she added some quality serves for UNC.

After taking a the first set, the Tar Heels came out on fire and captured an 8-1 lead to start the second set. They would coast to a 25-10 win in that set, and it proved to be too much for the Hurricanes overcome.

North Carolina remains undefeated in conference, and every win counts. Coming off a sweep of FSU, UNC joins Notre Dame as the only undefeated teams in the ACC.

Where do they play next?

North Carolina travels to South Bend, Indiana to take Notre Dame.

@YonaDagalosi