Axios x The Daily Tar Heel: Smarter Faster Revolution

SFR_UNC_FB.png

You’re invited: Axios’ Smarter Faster Revolution launches at UNC on Thursday at 12:15 p.m. in the Carolina Union.

What’s new: On Thursday at 12:15 p.m. in the Carolina Union, Tyler Fleming, editor-in-chief of The Daily Tar Heel, and Mike Allen, co-founder and executive editor of Axios, will lead a conversation on the future of work and kick off Axios' Smarter Faster Revolution.

Why it matters: Axios, which launched in January, gets you smarter, faster with news and information you can trust

What’s next: Meet us Thursday at the Carolina Union at 12:15 p.m. for a one-hour program featuring Jim VandeHei, Axios co-founder and CEO; Jeff Immelt, former chairman and CEO of GE; former U.S. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx; and Ali Marano., Head of Technology for Social Good and Diversity & Inclusion for JPMorgan Chase & Co.

Bonus: Free lunch will be served at 12:15 p.m. Seats are limited: Please RSVP here.

In preparation for the event, Tyler and Mike exchanged emails about the disruption in media: 

Tyler: When a reporter recently asked me how the 24/7 news cycle has changed my work in journalism, I realized how drastically it has changed in these three years. Having seen the difficulty of financing good journalism, it is clear that the old ways of doing things are insufficient. That’s why The Daily Tar Heel is happy to partner with Axios for our upcoming event on the Smarter, Faster, Revolution. Bringing creative people together is how we begin to understand how media should operate in an ever changing media climate. 

Mike: UNC students are living through the most fascinating time in the history of humanity: We have more great information than ever, but also more junk that wastes our time. Axios wants to help as many people as humanly possible get smarter, faster with news that matters on the topics that will shape the world you soon will lead. So come join Tyler and me on Thursday at 12:15 p.m. at the Carolina Union, and help us restore sanity and trust to your news diet.