Plan Your Weekend: June 22-24

37744_swervef.jpg
A baby pug named Yoda gets a head pat.

The Durham/Chapel Hill area is spoiling us with so many free events this weekend. While the weather forecast looks a bit gloomy, our list of events has plenty of indoor activities sure to keep you busy. 

June 22 - Game Night - Free - If you're looking for a cheap date or to spice things up with the pals then grab a beer and board game. I would advise against Monopoly. (Aloft Durham Downtown)

June 22 - NC Hip-Hop Festival - starts at $50 - Come see North Carolina's up-and-coming rappers along with national names at this one-of-a-kind event. Petey Pablo will be there. Raise Up. (CCB Plaza)

June 22 - Safe Zone Training - Free - Receive training on how to become a better and more visible ally to the LGBTIQA+ community. It will be four hours well-spent and well-appreciated. (UNC LGBTQ Center)

Buckets filled with items ranging from photos to stickers to old medicine bottles fill these buckets at the entry of The Scrap Exchange in Durham. 

June 23 - Pop-PupAlooza - Free - This event may be a drive but oh.my.god. Raleigh is letting dogs off the leash in a puppy-filled festival. There will be food, music, and prizes for dogs and human alike. (Dorothea Dix Park) 

June 23 - Over 30's Dance Party - Free - This event is pretty self explanatory, but if you are looking to get away from the youths that fill Chapel Hill's nightlife, this may be the place for you. (Tandem)

June 23- Movies by Starlite- $5/ticket- Get ready for a not-too-distant future movie. This weekend Lumina is showing "Ready Player One" for gamers and action lovers alike. (Lumina Theater)

Kyle Kufert, a junior biology major from Charlotte, rides on the UNC LGBTQ Center float at the NC Pride Festival and Parade in Durham on Sept. 27, 2014.

June 23 - Typocalypse - Free - This one is for the hipster inside all of us. Get a poem hand-typed for you, have a helper replace fix up that typewriter in your attic, or craft a message of your own. Paper provided. (The Durham Hotel)

June 24 - Potluck Brunch - Free - Beer Study is going real casual this weekend. You bring the grub. They'll bring the brews. Enjoy the bounty of your neighbors. I heard there may be a waffle maker. (Beer Study) 

June 24 - Yoga and Pints - $15/ticket - In the current trend of trying to make yoga better by adding literally anything to it, come sip a beer while centering yourself for the week to come. (Vecino Brewing Co.)