Carolina Living

Top 5 food blogs to follow

<p></p>

Full disclosure here: I actually think the food at Rams Head and Lenoir is pretty good. It's not what ya call "fine dining," but for feeding huge amounts of people per day, CDS does pretty well. 

THAT BEING SAID, I absolutely love looking at cool food blogs online to satisfy my ~awesome looking~ food needs and try out some cool recipes. (Also to escape from dining hall food once and a while!)

Here are my top 5 favorite food blogs:

#1. Budget Bytes

photo: budgetbytes.com

I freaking love Budget Bytes. It's definitely the place to go if you're absolutely broke and want something delicious to eat. The creator, Beth, lives on the philosophy that food should be cheap, easy and amazingly good. All of the recipes that I've tried from here are FANTASTIC, (like the Turkey Sriracha Meatballs pictured!) and there are plenty of vegetarian options!

#2. Food Wishes

photo: Foodwishes.blogspot.com

Food Wishes is this close to the top of the list simply because Chef John is one of the most hilarious, witty chefs to ever make cooking videos. Seriously, check out his YouTube channel, where he posts videos regularly of him cooking delicious things with commentary that will make you fall off your chair laughing. He takes you step by step through some pretty complicated stuff, but gives cool tips and tricks to help beginners. Definitely one to check out!

#3. My Name is Yeh

photo: mynameisyeh.com

Created by Molly Yeh, this food blog is adorable and incredibly hipster, with many Asian-fusion inspired recipes (like these Chocolate Sesame Tarts pictured!) that are artfully photographed. She also includes blog posts about her travels and her cool life living on a farm, which are always fun to read! 

#4. i am a food blog

photo: iamafoodblog.com

Okay I'll be honest and admit that I've never tried cooking any recipes from this blog. HOWEVER, it is so cool to look at and has some really interesting pop-culture references (like this Totoro Jalapeno Grilled Cheese!). The photographs are absolutely beautiful too, making the food look more like art more than anything else!

#5. Broke Ass Gourmet

photo: brokeassgourmet.com

While I really like the simplicity of the recipes and how they have how much money it will take to make them, this blog is at the bottom of the list because the pictures are below par and the site is kinda hard to navigate. These are more things that I actually make, instead of just stare at and dream about!

@calliewilliamss