Dress Code

A look at the DTH staff's current styles

When it comes to looking good, there's no way that you could possibly do it incorrectly.

Take The Daily Tar Heel's staff members, for example. We (when persuaded by me) sure know how to dress the part and show off our individual styles.

Cue Arts & Entertainment Editor Sarah Vassello. She always wears comfortable clothes that look amazingly cute, such as this striped-shirt-on-denim combo. Simple? Definitely. That doesn't mean she isn't rocking it, though.

Assistant Sports Editor Jeremy Vernon took a similar approach when he chose his outfit. He showed his love of sports through his lovely jersey and khaki ensemble. Go team Jeremy!

In contrast, Assistant University Editor Victoria Mirian decided to mix and match different patterns and colors. I'm seeing stars after looking at the black stars on the grey skirt and seeing how perfectly it goes together with the peach and white top. 

Of course, patterns don't have to be combined with patterns. Photo Editor Katie Williams chose to wear an animal print top with jeans, all brought together by her black boots. 

You can never have too much, though. Opinion Board member Ishmael Bishop accented his dark ensemble with red socks, a concept that I definitely plan on utilizing from now on.

And simple and chic can work wonders, too. Editor-in-Chief Paige Ladisic perfectly pulls off this navy and silver look. The simplicity is sure to make the late nights at the office easier to handle.

Simply working a certain color is always an option. Online Managing Editor Kelsey Weekman (left) and Managing Editor Mary Tyler March both pull off olive amazingly well. The fact that they're matching is just an added bonus.

But to be honest, coordination is always better in threes. Community Manager Danny Nett, Yours Truly and Visual Managing Editor Tyler Vahan display just how many options you have when choosing a pattern like gingham. We promise we didn't do this on purpose.

And that's it. You've seen some of our office looks. What are yours?