Opposing Team's Fans Should Not Be Sitting In Kenan Student Section

Well it appears our agriculturally inclined rivals got the best of us on Saturday, both on the football field and in the student section. That "red sea" of seats (formerly known as reserved UNC-student seating) was alarmingly reminiscent of a Little League dugout, with more whooping, moustaches and tobacco spit than seems humanly possible - even by N.C. State standards. This influx of fans proceeded to take up so much room that UNC students were turned away from their very own, deserved seats.

That's right - the yellow-jacketed security guards had no problem turning UNC students away while allowing the Pack fans to remain seated. Does anyone see a problem with this? Apparently not the security guards, and definitely not the gloating State fans. The guards were very adamant that the seats were on a first come, first serve basis, regardless of your school.

Hey, if that's the way it's going to be enforced, then maybe we've just solved the basketball seating issue. We don't need more student seating in the Dean Dome, we just need to get there earlier than the rightful seat holders, right?

And for those who are wondering, yes, I have graduated and am no longer enrolled in any classes. On Saturday I would have graciously given up my seat to any enrolled UNC student, but not to an opposing fan, and definitely not to a Wolfpack, however. Go Heels!

Matt Ricketts

Class of 2000