APPLES Offers Students Niche Serving University And Local Community\

Finding your niche on campus is important to making the University feel like home. There is seemingly an endless variety of organizations to join here, yet finding the organization that's right for you seems difficult for many. There is fear of having no friends in the organization, of a large time commitment and of your work not being valued or appreciated, just to name a few. As a result, many have yet to find their place on campus.

If this applies to you, the student organizers of the APPLES Service-Learning Program invite you to get involved with our program.

APPLES is a student organization that works to enhance the University by linking academics with community service. We do this through four programs: service-learning courses, school-year and summer internships, alternative spring break and service learning grants.

APPLES exists because of students and appreciates what students have to offer. We need students of all majors and interests to assist in course and program development, strategic planning, Web page design and public relations. APPLES seeks what students have to give, whether that means only an hour a month or 10 hours a week. Come find out more about getting involved with the APPLES Service-Learning Program tonight at 7:30 in Union 211.

Rebekah Butler

Senior

Journalism and Political Science

APPLES Organizer