Bryan Hart Speaks Out On the Scandals, Conflict In CAA Presidential Race

Regardless of who wins the Carolina Athletic Association election, I have a few points I would like to address. First, I want to commend the Board of Elections for thoroughly investigating the fraudulent evidence presented by the Michael Songer campaign against me at a recent board hearing. I would urge the board - as well as the Student Attorney General's Office - to continue to pursue this investigation until the responsible parties are brought to justice.

I want to know who falsely tried to link me to a mass e-mail in order to hurt Reid Chaney's chances of winning, and I want to know who tampered with Eric Ellis' UNC Webmail account (see "Board Cites Lack of Evidence in CAA Controversy," Feb. 26) These acts represent serious injustices, and I'm tired of sitting back and watching it splashed around the newspaper.

I'm tired of reading op-ed pieces (I cite "Vote Songer for CAA President for Changes in Organization," Feb. 26) that seek to scare students into voting one way because the former CAA vice president is terrified "Songer ... will institute a truly honest ticket distribution system." If you have any allegation against my credibility, then bring it. Otherwise, don't try to scare an uniformed student body into voting for someone that you're trying to martyr.

I'm tired of waiting for the truth, and I pledge that once the Board of Elections and the student attorney general's office find out who stunk up this election, I will fight to make sure that the parties will be penalized and that justice will finally be served. The bottom line is that all are losers here, because someone chose to treat this election like their own personal board game. The only way to truly remedy this situation is to catch the bad guy(s) and make an example out of them. Otherwise, who's to say that our student body won't have to deal with crap like this again?

Bryan Hart

Junior

Business and Journalism and Mass Communication

Reid Chaney Campaign Worker