Women's Golf to Host, Play in NCAA Regional

North Carolina's women's golf team was one of 21 teams to receive a bid to participate in the NCAA East Regional. North Carolina will also serve as host for the 54 hole event, which will be played May 10-12 at Finley Golf Course in Chapel Hill.

In addition to the 21 teams, two individuals received a bid to play in the regional. The top eight teams and top two individuals (not on one of those eight teams) advance on to participate in the NCAA Championships to be played May 23-26 at the Mission Inn Resort in Howie-in-the-Hills, Fla.

Top-ranked Duke heads the field of teams competing in Chapel Hill.

The Tar Heels, ranked 40th in the MasterCard Rankings and 41st in the Golfweek/Sagarin Rankings, have carded six top-10 finishes this year. They finished fourth at the ACC Championship and at last fall's Lady Paladin Invitational.

Autrey's Shutout Earns Co-ACC Pitching Honor

North Carolina sophomore right-hander Scott Autrey was named the Co-ACC Pitcher of the Week on Monday after leading the Tar Heels to a 4-0 win at

No. 12 Clemson on Sunday.

He shares the award with Virginia's Brandon Creswell, who pitched a complete-game shutout against third-ranked Miami last Friday.

Autrey pitched a complete-game, four-hit shutout against the Tigers, UNC's first shutout win ever at Clemson in the century-long history of the series.

The right-hander allowed just four hits and struck out a career-high-tying six batters in pitching the Tar Heel's first complete game of the season.

Autrey is 2-3 with a 4.76 ERA, and he has not allowed a run in his last 13.2 innings.

Doherty to Throw Out 1st Pitch at Baseball

North Carolina men's basketball coach Matt Doherty will be at Boshamer Stadium tonight to throw out the first pitch of UNC's baseball game with Liberty (27-17).

Game time between the Tar Heels and the Flames is at 7 p.m.

Semmes, McHugh Snag Conference Accolades

Following a 4-0 week for the Tar Heels, North Carolina players swept the ACC's weekly softball honors. Senior shortstop Michelle Semmes was named ACC Player of the Week and senior Radara McHugh earned ACC Pitcher of the Week honors. Semmes broke UNC's career total bases record against UNC-G.

The Tar Heels are 34-17-1 following doubleheader sweeps of UNC Greensboro and Maryland last week.

From Staff Reports