Alumna's Attitude Draws Criticsim from Current UNC Student

Ruby Sinreich's letter to the editor in regards to voting against the entire budget really has me up in arms.

You are so callous!

This university has been in desperate need for these funds and I am ashamed of all the alumni who have taken what they needed to better their lives, and then left the university behind to be forgotten once they get theirs.

You don't even deserve to be an alumna.

If that's your attitude toward this school, to bite the hand that fed you, then your degree should no longer be valid.

You are not worthy of it.

Every year this campus provides affordable miracles and changes lives and destinies. I've been almost embarrassed at the altered conditions on this campus in the recent past due to a previous lack of funds from the General Assembly.

But I was elated when the majority of citizens of the state of North Carolina voted to support our systems of higher education in this state by voting yes to last year's bond referendum.

Your "so be it" would be a vote against future generations who have not yet had your now obviously undeserved privilege to benefit from all UNC has to offer. I have news for you.

Your shallow, insensitive, and ungrateful opinion are not going to setback any of the admirable steps taken by the voters of North Carolina who outnumber you in their benevolent decision.

They are in their right mind and have shown they place a priority on this University so much that they are willing to take this bond upon themselves. And you are not going to deprive UNC of that.

"Vote against the entire budget?"

You should be ashamed of yourself.

I am. It is wonderful people like the voters in the past who made this institution what it is today. And you have those supporters to thank yourself.

I trust the Mayor of Chapel Hill to handle the University's upcoming rezoning requests in a much more reasonable fashion.

Teri Austin, RDH Student, Post Certificate Completion of Bachelors in Dental Hygiene

The length rule was waived.