DTH Picks of the Week

The DTH Sports staff and one celebrity/personality pick the winners of the biggest college football games this weekend. Today, Carolina Blue chief reporter and former DTHer Evan Markfield will pick all the winners and see if his prognostication has improved since he graduated.

The season's already a week old, but the DTH Picks of the Week finally stumbled in late, bleary-eyed and sleepy. The Picks crew, with five first-timers, has been prematurely celebrating some birthday action.

Rachel "21-Gun Salute" Carter celebrates her 21st today and hopes to improve on her performance from last season. James "Old" Giza just missed first place last year and will be boozing on his birthday Saturday as a result.

A new corps of pickers hopes to crash their parties and breathe new life into the Picks of the Week derby. Kelly "That Girl" Lusk never misses an opportunity to make a scene, while Brad "Party Hat" Broders is always looking for furniture to get funky with. New Englanders Ian "Goodie Bag" Gordon and Jamie "Ice Cream Cake" Agin are both wicked excited to throw down. Owen "Trick Candles" Hassell blows (candles).

Former DTH sports writer Evan "I like 'em barely legal" Markfield really does.