Police Roundup

University

Wednesday, Sept. 19

An employee at Lenoir Dining Hall was charged with simple physical assault against her manager at 8:55 a.m. Reports state that the incident occurred after the assailant was informed that her hours were being reduced and involved the employee pushing her manager in the face.

An IBM laptop computer was stolen from Morrison Residence Hall at about 9:30 p.m.

Reports state that the owner of the laptop, a UNC student, vacated the unlocked room for a half hour, during which the theft occurred.

Five hundred dollars in cash was stolen from a register in Lenoir Dining Hall. Reports state that the theft took place around 1:30 p.m. Saturday when the register was left unattended by a dining hall employee.

A laptop was stolen from a UNC student at Ehringhaus Residence Hall sometime between 8:30 p.m. and 9 p.m., reports state. The computer was found a few hours later located in a bathroom one floor above the room where it was taken.

Monday, Sept. 17

At 5 p.m. an employee at Chase Dining Hall was accused of communicating verbal threats to a fellow employee. Reports state that the two employees were separated by the dining hall's shift manager, during which the assailant attempted to reach for a knife. The victim in the assault did not press charges.

A car parked on the second level of the Cardinal Parking Deck was reported vandalized at 4 p.m. Reports state that the left side doors of the car were heavily scratched, inflicting $700 of damage to the vehicle, which was driven by a UNC Hospitals employee.

A bookbag belonging to a UNC student was reported stolen from the lounge area of the Student Union at 5:30 p.m. Reports state that the bag was left on a chair in front of the big screen television and was stolen when its owner left the area to use the restroom.

City

Wednesday, Sept. 19

Chapel Hill police responded to a report of a broken window at at 4:31 a.m.

The crime occurred at Kingswood Apartments off N.C. 54 Bypass, police reports state.

The window was broken when an unknown subject threw a rock through the glass, reports state. The were no injuries, reports state. The window was valued at $200. The case has been closed.

All leads have been exhausted.

Tuesday, Sept. 18

Chapel Hill police arrested Winston Christopher, 32, of 1749 Dobbins Drive, Apartment 4-L in Chapel Hill after he turned himself in at 12:45 p.m., police reports state.

Christopher was wanted in connection with one misdemeanor count of assault on a female and one misdemeanor count of personal injury to property, reports state.

Christopher's court date was scheduled for Sept. 19 at the Orange County District Court in Hillsborough.

Zani Kahlil-Preston Mensa, 25, of 267 Holly Glen Road in Pittsboro was arrested at the Chapel Hill Police Department at 11:36 a.m. after he turned himself in, reports state.

Mensa was charged with one count of felony armed robbery and one count of misdemeanor communicating threats, reports state.

Officials said Mensa was the last of four men wanted in connection with a June 29 armed robbery case, police records state.

Officials said Mensa was one of four men who left Players at 159 1/2 E. Franklin St. on June 29 and robbed two men as they walked down the street, reports state.

He was taken to Orange County Jail, and there was no bail set, police reports state.

The case has been closed.

Carrboro police were notified of a 1988 dark blue Oldsmobile that was reported stolen from the lot of a business at 101 S. Greensboro St. at 12:01 p.m.

The car was last seen Monday at 5 p.m., reports state.

The car had recently been in an accident and has body damage on the front end. The car is valued at $5,000, reports state.

The case is under further investigation.