Campus Calendar

Today

5 p.m. -- The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People will hold a general body meeting in the Union 226. This week's topic: Are young people leading the next revolution in civil rights?

All are welcome to attend.

6:30 p.m. -- The Folk Music Club will be holding a general interest meeting in Union 213. Appreciate, create, and experience great music, including jam bands, bluegrass, alternative country, blues, folk rock, zydeco, etc.

7 p.m. -- The Hinton James Resident Advisors and the Department of Housing are holding Carolina Rising, a benefit concert in the Union Auditorium in response to the recent tragedies. Groups featured include Tar Heel Voices, Psalm 100, Clefhangers, Bhangra Elite, Opeyo! Modern and Kappa Alpha Psi Step Group. Tickets are $5. All proceeds will benefit the American Red Cross.

7 p.m. -- The Association for India's Development is sponsoring Freedom & Authority: a video of J. Krishnamurti followed with group dialogue. We will explore why people accept psychological authority while at the same time resisting authority both socially and politically.

Freedom is necessary for clarity in understanding and that freedom is to be without fear. The event will take place in 203 Dey Hall.

Sunday

2:30 p.m. -- Second Sunday Reading, featuring David Payne, fiction, and David Brendan Hopes, creative non-fiction/poetry, will take place in the Pleasants Family Assembly Room of Wilson Library.

Free refreshments will be served afterward.

Editor's Note

To make a calendar submission using the online form, make sure the submission is made before noon the day before the event should appear in the paper.

The Daily Tar Heel 2024 Orientation Guide