Police Roundup

University

Sunday, Oct. 14

- Seven UNC students were cited for underage possession of alcoholic beverages. Reports state that the students were all cited at the Fraternity Court parking lot between the hours of 1 a.m. and 3 a.m.

- A car parked in the Porthole lot had trash poured over its trunk. The vandalism was reported at 3 a.m., and the the car was last known to be secure at 6 p.m. the night before, reports state.

- A beer bottle was thrown through the window of a room in Whitehead Residence Hall at 3:45 a.m., reports state. The suspect in the incident was arrested quickly after the vandalism occurred.

Saturday, Oct. 13

- Two UNC students were cited for displaying airplane bottles of liquor at the football game at 1:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. respectively. Reports state that the students were evicted from the stadium.

- Two students were cited at 3 a.m. for possessing open alcohol containers in their vehicle while parked at Fraternity Court.

Reports state that the students' car was searched after another student accused them of stealing alcohol from his fraternity house.

- Two cars parked in the Kenan-Flagler Business School parking deck were vandalized during the afternoon. Both cars had their rear right windows smashed in and had items valuing a total of $300 removed from the interiors, reports state. Both incidents were reported around 5 p.m.

Friday, Oct. 12

- An employee at Lenoir Dining Hall was transported to the UNC Hospitals emergency room after experiencing serious chest pains. Reports state that the employee was assisted by emergency medical service personnel at 7 p.m.

City

Sunday, Oct. 14

- Carrboro police responded to a call of a robbery at Domino's Pizza on 412 E. Main Street. Reports state that the subject robbed an employee at the restaurant with a razor at 12:26 a.m. The total value of the stolen property is unknown at this point, reports state. The case is under further investigation.

Saturday, Oct. 13

- Carrboro police arrested Javier Hernandez, 33, of 1314 Wyldewood Drive in Durham around 6 p.m.

Reports state that Hernandez was arrested and charged with one misdemeanor count of no operator's license and one felony count of hit and run.

Hernandez was arrested at the Pantry, located at 500 Jones Ferry Road, reports state.

Hernandez was given a $1,000 secured bond and was transported to Orange County Jail, reports state.

Hernandez was scheduled to appear Monday in Orange County District Court in Hillsborough.

- Chapel Hill police responded to a call that items had been stolen from the front porch of the Delta Zeta sorority house sometime between 12:30 a.m. and 6 a.m.

The total value of the stolen property, which included banners, plants, chairs and benches, was $510, reports state.

The case has been closed, leads exhausted.

Friday, Oct. 12

- Chapel Hill police arrested John Dill, 22, of 316 W. Rosemary Street at 1:05 a.m.

Reports state that Dill was suspected of trespassing and refused to leave the area.

Reports also state that Dill assaulted an officer and resisted arrest.

Later, Dill was transported to the police department for processing where officers found marijuana in his front left pocket, reports state.

Dill has been charged with two misdemeanor counts of assault on an officer, two misdemeanor counts of vandalism to personal property, one misdemeanor count of possession of marijuana and one misdemeanor count of resisting arrest.

Dill was placed under a $250 secured bond and was released to his parents.

He is scheduled to appear in Orange County District Court in Hillsborough on Nov. 12.